1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Unit 3/ Collaborative GCSE projects

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by jackstar, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Course: OCR Product Design/ Unit 3
    I split my Y11 class into two groups this year, each group working on a collaborative project with a real client. Each student made a part which when combined with their group formed the complete product. These parts were of an identical design but challenging to make. Each students has evidenced their own work and they have all turned out slightly differently due to the students relative skill.
    Sent off the samples and it seem's the modertaor has had a 'whitey'.
    This particular unit requires the students to manufacture something to demonstrate their skills in this area followed by some marketing. No designing hence I can't see what the issue could be.
    Any thoughts?

2. Course: OCR Product Design/ Unit 3
    I split my Y11 class into two groups this year, each group working on a collaborative project with a real client. Each student made a part which when combined with their group formed the complete product. These parts were of an identical design but challenging to make. Each students has evidenced their own work and they have all turned out slightly differently due to the students relative skill.
    Sent off the samples and it seem's the modertaor has had a 'whitey'.
    This particular unit requires the students to manufacture something to demonstrate their skills in this area followed by some marketing. No designing hence I can't see what the issue could be.
    Any thoughts?