1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Textiles YAY!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by ajtextiles, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I am so very pleased with my results. I had considered cahnging to AQA but with these results will not be doing so. Head getting bigger by the moment! [​IMG]

2. I am so very pleased with my results. I had considered cahnging to AQA but with these results will not be doing so. Head getting bigger by the moment! [​IMG]

3. After sleepless nights while trying to get the coursework completed and since, plus worrying about the fact that I received one set of coursework back from the modertor before the holidays but not the other, I'm pleased to say mine are ok as well. In fact better than OK as a third of the students got a grade or more higher than targeted to.
    That said, and despite the comments on another strand about AQA GCSE Textiles, if I had another group in future years I would change Specification as I do not like way the coursework and the examinations are divided up into four separate elements.

4. Hi there.My results were also excellent but our Head of Dept has asked us to change to AQA to bring us in to line with the rest of D&T,which in turn was requested by management to show continuity.Seems such a waste after getting to grips with new spec and great results.

5. My students did well with OCR. Some how some did really well on the written paper. Textiles is the only material that chose to remain with OCR in my department. I submitted coursework electronically as we have had problems the last few years printing work off. I am going to continue with OCR and make the changes noted by the moderator.

6. Hi all
    I was wondering if any of you can possibly help me out at all?
    I am a HOD who is trying to support an NQT struggling with introducing a new OCR Spec in Textiles. The previous teacher has left nothing and I'm not a textiles teacher
    Any help would be great!
    Please please help
    Thanks
    ceri@crannis.co.uk is possibly the best way of contacting me