1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR text book answers

Discussion in 'Science' started by dkarana, Aug 20, 2011.

1. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

I am going to be teaching from september.I was going through the questions in As level and Alevel OCR text books questions and realised that some of the answers are wrong.I know it is worth answering them to build up my confidence but its taking ages.Is there a possibility to get the solutions without having to pay for them?

2. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

I am going to be teaching from september.I was going through the questions in As level and Alevel OCR text books questions and realised that some of the answers are wrong.I know it is worth answering them to build up my confidence but its taking ages.Is there a possibility to get the solutions without having to pay for them?

3. sci84

sci84 New commenter

It rather depends on which textbooks you have......

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I wouldn't be trying to answer questions too much in advance of your students. But yes, it is worth working through to check the answers before you let the students loose on them.
    It's worth checking with another chemist that the book answers really are wrong.
    P

5. contact the publisher - it might be that they know about it and have a 2nd edition with the correct answers - in which case you can ask your HoD to buy one new book for you to use and you will know if the kids are copying if they have the wrong answers!

6. Ssn77

Ssn77 New commenter

Have you tried Google to find the answers online, some kind person may have put them up. I found AQA answers that way (had to trawl through a number of pages till I got them).

7. It is always necessary to check that YOU fully understand the answers to questions and how you have got to the answer before your students tackle them. There will always be times when your confidence gets a little wobble and this tends to be when you're ill prepared so well done!
    Try not to overload yourself though - relax, enjoy the summer and wait until you start prep for individual classes then you can have your answers worked out for plenaries for each class with answers ready!
    If you do get a book with the answers, like you are doing now, still go through and work out your own answers - dont rely upon the books answer - you need to know how you got to there......and there is always someone who works it out a different way to you but gets the same result, make a note of this too as it will no doubt come up again.

8. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

Thank you all for your responses,
    I forgot to mention that I was talking about Physics.Having discussed with the Head of Physics I got to know that I was right but probably he and the other teacher have not kept a record of that.
    I did try Googling it and got the answers for 1A level unit from students room and nothing for As.
    The authors are Roger Hackett and Robert Hutching.
    Thanks again :)