1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Philosophy and Ethics B603 Exam

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by matryoshkadoll, Jan 28, 2011.

1. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

How did your kids do on the exam? Ours were stumped by the medical ethics part e question!

2. matryoshkadoll

How did your kids do on the exam? Ours were stumped by the medical ethics part e question!

3. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter

I actually thought the medical ethics was a good question. Part e) on the wealth on poverty was pretty tough though.

4. matryoshkadoll

I agree - I had a couple of kids saying they didn't write very much for the wealth and poverty one.

5. OckhamsRazor

OckhamsRazor New commenter

I had a couple of kids who didn't like the wealth and poverty question. Which was interesting, given that we'd taught them relationships and medical ethics.

Sigh.

6. poppy2004

poppy2004 New commenter

Does anyone know when it will be released?
    Mine didn't do it this January but I wanted a copy to keep in my files...
    When are the January exams results out? It'll be interesting to know how they go on since it wasn't too great for many last summer...

7. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter

March 10th, apparently. The same day as the AS level results.
    It hadn't occurred to me that the gambling topic could use up so many points. :(

8. Agreed! Mine whinged about the gambling emphasis and I agreed with them. 12 marks worth! Those section e questions are difficult enough for most of the cherubs anyway. The medical ethics and human relationships questions were a hit with mine.( Though one admitted that he'd said a civil partnership was when husband and wife were polite to each other!! Groan!!)

9. There are some fab free medical ethics downloads on Classroom Video's website. They're short, but may help generate some discussions around the subject. I'll paste the link below. There's a particularly interesting snippet from a disabled peer who woke up in hosiptal to find doctors had been asking her husband if they should turn off her support machines!
    http://www.classroomvideo.co.uk/FreeStuff/