1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Performing Art GCE Applied

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Mad dog, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mad dog

Mad dog New commenter

Look at Edexcel Applied instead

2. I changed to this course from OCR Performance Studies, as it is a lot more centred around the idea of developing skills for a career rather than just educational learning. I like the course, though i must admit it took me a while to get my head around it. The main problem with the course is that everything has to be rep, and the visiting examiners (for the final performance) are looking for a copied version of the original text, if students make any artistic changes they may be penalised. My results are much better on this course and it teaches valuable skills especially in the A2. It is a nice course to teach and a lovely course for the students.
    I can help you with guidance on setting it up if you would like as i found a good range of scripts and videos were needed to help guide the students into a suitable play/script/dance/score etc and also the timing of starting each section needs consideration.
    Hope that helps a little.
    Louise

3. Hi Louise

Thank you so much for your response and I would greatly appreciate any help and guidance you could give me! I have sent you my email address in a private message.

Thanks again!

Jess