1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR new GCSE Practical Application in ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Tosha, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

Just had our marks back. Grades are on average about a grade lower than fromI would expect.
    Anyone else had a similar issue?
    It seems to me that ocr decided 36 marks was a C whatever. I think 36 marks looks more like a good B myself, without factoring in the controlled assessment issue.

2. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

Just had our marks back. Grades are on average about a grade lower than fromI would expect.
    Anyone else had a similar issue?
    It seems to me that ocr decided 36 marks was a C whatever. I think 36 marks looks more like a good B myself, without factoring in the controlled assessment issue.

3. Our's the same. Ironically, the very detailed moderator's report is probably the best advice we've had all year. Far better than both the courses I've attended.

What I'm more worried about are the B061 exam results. Did you do that too? Our results were appallingly bad. However, tonight I looked through OCR's ActiveResults site and found that nationally they were very bad too. Small comfort but seems a lot of people went badly wrong with that exam. No examiner's report published yet either.

4. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

OCR, a mistake I feel