1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Unit 1 on Moodle - tips?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by clickschool, Aug 16, 2011.

1. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

I'm going to attempt to run this course on Moodle - including all the tasks, tutorials and "upload assignments" etc.
    If you've experience in doing this, I'd appreciate any tips you might have. Thank you.

2. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

I'm going to attempt to run this course on Moodle - including all the tasks, tutorials and "upload assignments" etc.
    If you've experience in doing this, I'd appreciate any tips you might have. Thank you.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I would break the course down into Assessment Objectives so each topic one of these and then off you go.

4. Jai_01

Jai_01 New commenter

Totally agree TonyUK,

Breaking it up makes it easier for the students to manage their own learning without overloading them with too much to do :)

Some form of self/peer assessment under each or a couple of AO(s) will allow students to self evaluate their work, without constantly hassling you to check their work.

Hope this helps
    Jai :)

5. I would avoid using the gradebook and having them submit via Moodle- when we tried this method we crashed our Moodle! Too many links in the database behind it when we tried to retrieve work to mark.

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

We have used Moodle for this and are very happy with it. (@OP see PM)
    Students hand work in online, get feedback online - if the Moderator would use it we could remotely moderate which would be a great idea - OCR are you listening ;-)