1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Media:

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by kittiemoo, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hello,
    After being a lurker for a while, I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me out.

I have been asked to teach OCR Nationals in Media from sept , there is currently no course running and I'm trying to write the schemes of work etc, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice they can share with regards to this course and doing it well

thanks
    Kittie

2. Hello,
    After being a lurker for a while, I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me out.

I have been asked to teach OCR Nationals in Media from sept , there is currently no course running and I'm trying to write the schemes of work etc, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice they can share with regards to this course and doing it well

thanks
    Kittie

3. Speaking

Speaking New commenter

Dear Kittie,
    If you become a member of the OCR forum http://social.ocr.org.uk/node/3126/resources which is free you will find some excellent resources from Siouxsie Strange; if you become a member of MediaEdu ( a paid site) you will find some resources written by me on there as well. Also happy to share ideas with you so just let me know what you may need some help with and send me your email address.
    Good luck with it all,
    Shirley

4. Thank you very much. :)

I'm just going to take a look at the sites you've suggested and if i need more help I will be sure to holla in your direction
    Thanks once again

5. Also check out

http://media.edusites.co.uk

The resources for this are blooming amazing! You can also see/ reveal the materials so you can see what they have.

Good luck!

6. Thank you very ,much :)

7. Speaking

Speaking New commenter

8. thank you, i;d had a look but seen that many different ones i want to make sure we have the right ones / useful ones.

:)

9. Hi,

I delivered this qual for 4 year and have decided to swap to the BTEC equivalent.

It's difficult. There is a lot of needless repetition. The learners need to carry out a lot of tasks twice which means double the workload to assess the same objective. You should consider this when writing your SOWs.

The EM process is also very difficult. My advice is DO NOT let the learners take their completed work home ever! this all needs to be available when the EM comes in. I think this is the reason the national average for this qual is much lower than that of the BTEC.

If you have any more specific questions I'll try to help.

10. Well i'm back again! after a fairly hectic start to the school year.. its time to start looking at other units, i was wondering if anyone has any example work that they may be willing to send me to have a look at, as this is where i;m falling down on knowing what's expected for certain units?

on the other hand are there any school in the east mids area derbyshire / notts way that are doing this and maybe would be willing to have me visit to have a look at the sort of work and things required, OCR haven't been that helpful when approached

Ta
    Katie