1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Level 3 Unit 6 Databases

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by it1, Mar 12, 2012.

1. it1

it1 New commenter

AO1 Assessment Criteria - DISTINCTION only - The designs for reports are for reports both printed and on-screen.

AO5 Assessment Criteria - PASS - The reports may not match the designs. MERIT - The reports mostly match the designs. DISTINCTION - The reports match the designs.

My question is:

How can a student Pass AO5 if they haven't been required to design the Reports until distinction in AO1. A Pass grade student, even Merit, won't have done this. Does this mean they have to go back and design reports just so they can Pass AO5?

How would others interpret this? Thoughts/views/definitive answers welcome.

2. it1

it1 New commenter

AO1 Assessment Criteria - DISTINCTION only - The designs for reports are for reports both printed and on-screen.

AO5 Assessment Criteria - PASS - The reports may not match the designs. MERIT - The reports mostly match the designs. DISTINCTION - The reports match the designs.

My question is:

How can a student Pass AO5 if they haven't been required to design the Reports until distinction in AO1. A Pass grade student, even Merit, won't have done this. Does this mean they have to go back and design reports just so they can Pass AO5?

How would others interpret this? Thoughts/views/definitive answers welcome.

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

It's your call but you will need them so logic says give them time to do it upfront and if they don't then go back once they have made the dbase and draft them out. Personally I would probably do the latter anyway and set it for homework once the databases have been built. It's unethical but it's the smart way to do it.......

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

From the info you've given I would expect PASS / MERIT students to design reports which are either for screen or for print. DIST do BOTH.
    (NB I've not taught this unit but from other units guessing above)