1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Level 3 Unit 5

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by happy83, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Hiya, we are looking to start working on Unit 5 (spreadsheets) and Unit 7 (DTP) from January. Does anybody have any exemplar tasks they have produced that they wouldnt mind sharing? Would be extremely grateful for any help.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. does the none response mean that nobody has any ideas fo a task for this spreadsheet unit? [​IMG]

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Oh I have ideas but they're so great I don't want to share.

[​IMG]

Oh ok then...

• Booklet for Open Evenings

• Round School Walk - we have a environmental walk round school; herb garden, wildlife, pond life, etc

• Handbook for school trips (we have Ski Trip, WWI Battlefields)

• Show Brochure for the latest school production
    Fairly bog-standard really.

Not been moderated on any yet however.

4. I have just reviewed one for Zig Zag Publishing - http://www.zigzageducation.co.uk/ - but it has not been published yet and am not allowed to share it. You could offer to review it - just to get an idea of whats needed?
    I am delivering this from next September - this is the first time I have even seen Level 3 mentioned on this forum!!! Would be great to get some conversation going on it!

5. Any ideas for the spreasheet unit for level 3? so sketchy on the grid-it can be interpreted in many ways. argh [​IMG]

6. boldash

boldash New commenter

hi did you ever find a model assignment? I am in the same boat now! I have found an idea with Insurance quotes.
    Help [​IMG]

7. Slightly off-topic - but how many of you rate the OCR Level 3 course as an alternative to A-levels - especially for weaker students. I did like the idea of opportunities for collaborative working. But is this a recommended alternative to AS?