1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Level 3 Unit 14 Cartooning and animation

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by _deedee_, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I'm thinking about teaching Unit 14 Cartooning and animation and would be greatful if someone could answer some questions for me.
    Has anyone taught this and has resources to share?
    Am I right in thinking that you can create a comic strip (with a program such as comic life) or an animation (with flash or similar)?
    If you have taught it how successful was it?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Dee

2. Hi,
    I'm thinking about teaching Unit 14 Cartooning and animation and would be greatful if someone could answer some questions for me.
    Has anyone taught this and has resources to share?
    Am I right in thinking that you can create a comic strip (with a program such as comic life) or an animation (with flash or similar)?
    If you have taught it how successful was it?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Dee

3. Im starting teaching this module this year.
    I am planning to use stop frame animation for their cartoon and produce a character in plastercine.
    For the first AO I am planning on getting them to cover a history of cartooning and animation and produce a DVD with video clips, images, history etc.
    Not got very far yet but seems to be going ok so far
    Lara

4. I don't teach this syllabus but if you have Serif software there are supporting materials produced for the OCR National Level 2 qual (Serif Drawplus allows you to create tweening animation) which might be of interest.

5. Hi Lara,

Teaching this unit this term but now stuck on AO2
    <table cellspacing="2" cellpadding="7"><tr><td>AO2
    <font face="Arial,Arial" size="3">Examine the animation and sequencing of an existing character and its surroundings
    </font></td></tr></table> Can you help?
    Any ideas?

Paula

6. Im about to start teaching this one after Xmas, the OCR were useless as always when help was requested so any advice would be more than welcome.

7. I actually went to an inset on this a couple of weeks ago and was provided with an exemplar - only pass but still gives an idea of expectation. I was actually surprised, think it will be easy than I orignally thought. If you want this I could probably email you it, ok good luck :)

8. Hi,

Merry Christmas

Please, please could you send me a copyof the exemplar - pass is good, couldn't go on the inset, OCR not much help - this would be so helpful.

paulaknight@nbc.medway.sch.uk

Thanks so much

Paula

9. deltanu

deltanu New commenter

10. Honestly I did AO1 with the students and then kind of jumped to the actual development of their characters. I'm using ICanAnimate to produce stop frame animated plastercine characters. The students have been asked to pick a particular topic of advice for a particular age group. Most are doing the standard classic ones of drugs, bullying, anti smoking, exercise etc etc. They have developed some really funny characters and they are going to work together to produce each stop frame animation.
    Ive kind of left AO2 for now and will get that done once animation is complete
    Hope that helps
    Lara

11. hey happy83, i wa unable to go to the london based inset with OCR due to the dreaded cold so had to cancel same for Unit 10, any chance you coudl kindly share the exemplar ; email patricia@fxs.co.uk many thanks,sorry only just read the topic.
    did they say we can adpat the exemplar assignment or do we still need to produce own.?
    thanks P

12. dutting

dutting New commenter

I would really appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the examplar, haven't been able to get to an INSET.
    thanks in advance
    love the idea of making plasticine people!
    tinautting@hotmail.com

13. Would it be possible to also have a copy of the exemplar? Many thanks
    Gemma
    gemmmy@gmail.com

14. Hi there Happy - I wondered if you could send me the exemplar work for Unit 14 that you've mentioned? Thanks for your help!
    Email address: shigson@tnbs.org.uk

15. Hey Happy83!!
    I'm currently desperately trying to find resources for unit 14- any chance you still have any resources?
    Thanks
    Suzy

16. Hi
    I am just looking to teach this Unit and cannot find any material or resources - would love a copy of the exemplar material or any resources you know I can get would be great :)

Thanks in advance
    Teresa

17. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Hi
    If some one that has it could send a copy that would be great as I often put things out there but rarely get much back (any more resources or a full moodle zip would be even better!!!)
    Please send to ictteacher@live.co.uk

Thank you

18. This unit now has an exemplar project on the OCR website:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/nationals/ict/l3/documents/index.html - under support materials.