1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Level 2 Industrial Sectors

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by BabsL, Mar 31, 2012.

1. BabsL

BabsL New commenter

Can anyone suggest websites where I can access up to date data on trends in the UK primary, secondary and tertiary sectors?
    Is anyone teaching this spec in the Greater Manchester or West Yorkshire area?

2. BabsL

BabsL New commenter

Can anyone suggest websites where I can access up to date data on trends in the UK primary, secondary and tertiary sectors?
    Is anyone teaching this spec in the Greater Manchester or West Yorkshire area?

3. I use www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk in the AS theory section for OCR (Section 2) on Introduction to Business - Economic Sectors. This powerpoint explains the sectors as well as showing graphs from 1990 to 2007 - I know this is not exactly 'up to date' but our moderator has never had a problem with it.

4. staffam

staffam New commenter

Thought you might be interested to know that I've just updated these figures with the latest data (upto and including 2010). A new interactive graph can be found at:

www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk/Data/Sectors/SectorEmployment.html

Hope this is helpful.

5. staffam

staffam New commenter

6. BabsL

BabsL New commenter

Thanks for this

7. I used the Economist " Pocket world in figures"- 2010 edition will do. It shows country by country GDP by sector and employment by sector. I have used it with my current year 10 and will the unit will be moderated this summer- so we will see!
    You can get the book on fleabay for around £2.50

8. BabsL

BabsL New commenter

Yes please

I have sent you a message with my email address