1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Nationals Level 2: 2010 Spec. Highest Level Distinction Resources!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jweb2k, Feb 15, 2011.

1. This is a lead on from the discussion here: http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/466522.aspx?PageIndex=3
    A major problem we are coming across with the current spec is how to really stretch those top pupils as Distinction isn't hugely challenging for them.
    Outcome of this:
    Pupils will produce much better standard documents, closer to business documents that we're looking for and have more independence to create top level bits. Their learning and understanding of ICT skills will increase.
    Also, we'll have a resource base to share for top students you can dig into.
    Original Discussion:
    So, any takers or discussion pointers to start? I definitely don't want this thread to turn into a "those resources sound good, email them to me at ... " but I do like the idea of them being freely available to all when the project is complete.

2. scruffycat

scruffycat New commenter

Why bother with ocr nationals if students can independently create a modelling solution with the above and throw in macro's and some data entry tools? Move the students into an accelerated group to a level 3 course. We do the nationals to give a grounding in years 7- 9. then accelerate the ict kids to AS level in Year 10 & 11 and the arty ones into the media style units like animation, graphics etc where you can be as creative as you like.