1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR National change of Accreditation dates???

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by MissyE, Jun 27, 2011.

1. <h2>Notice</h2>Change to accreditation dates for OCR Nationals
    We have brought all of the accreditation dates in line to make it easier for you to manage your entry and certification claims. The accreditation date for all OCR Nationals Levels 1, 2* and 3 are now:
    • Last entry date 31 August 2012
    • Last certification date 31 December 2014**
    * Excluding OCR nationals in ICT Level 2 legacy qualifications; 06325, 06276, 06324 and 06299. Entries can no longer be made for the legacy qualifications and the last certification date remains as 31 July 2012
    ** The duration between last entry date and last certification date will often vary depending on the level of the qualification but all levels have a certification end date of 31 December 2014.
    This was on the website today and a letter received in the post. Anyone know what this means - I am reading it that next years Year 9's for Level 2 can go through with the new spec. Next years Year 12's are ok for Level 3 but the year after that????
    Will they be going for re-accreditation I wonder?

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

current year 8s will be fine as long as you get them in before they come back in year 10. You will be able to apply for late entries too I would imagaine, certainly I was able to do that this year with a lad who joined my school and got on to the old spec, can't imagine you would have much joy in getting a kid who switched option group but had always been at your school on board though.
    Anyway it's good for the next 2 years of kids if you plan correctly, I ceratinly won't be switching early, as I am sure Gove will have come up with some new crackpot idea by then if he still has a job.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Will certainly be a problem for Year 12 as there is no stable numbers until after August so potentailly this may be the last entry.
    I dare say there will be a replacement though as there often is for every qualification that dies another rises fro the ashes!