1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by horn1, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Does anyone teach OCR music GCSE? For the first time in a while I'm going to have a GCSE group next year and would like some inside info on the course. I have been teaching it but not through to exam because of drop outs. Also if anyone knows of a school in the Manchester area that runs the course I'd love to pair up for some resource sharing. I'm currently trying to teach the course as extra curricular in 1.5hrs a week (not fun)!

2. There are a few of us on here that teach OCR GCSE. What information do you want? Sorry no where near Manchester so I can't help there.

3. Yup we do OCR...no where near Manchester either sorry.We were debating changing to Edexcel but think we are going to stick with OCR...the reason we were going to change is our current stuggle trying to get the Creative task out of the kids (most hate improvising/having short time limit).

4. Thanks for replying :) I just wondered what approaches people used to the creative task. I've not delivered that aspect of the course before and want to make sure it's as successful as possible.

5. I have devised a booklet for the creative task based on experience of how to achieve good marks for those that hate performing and can't compose! The creative task becomes quite formulaic then - follow simple structure, use sequences, repetition in octaves - first section in straight rhythms, second in dotted and then back to first. Major key - related minor - repeat major key as a structure. Sorry its rushed but got a million things on!

6. trelassick

trelassick New commenter

I also have a booklet which is used. Be good to swap and share. Some messaging required I feel.

7. tanbur

tanbur New commenter

Why not upload them to TES resources? That would save a lot of messaging.

8. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

I will also be delivering this for the first time in September, so would be happy to work together and share resources!
    S

9. Sounds good! I'm definately up for sharing resources. I'll upload what I've got so far. If anyone could email me the creative task booklet that would be really useful. my email is
    nr at hathershaw.org.uk
    thanks