1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Modern world history GCSE

Discussion in 'History' started by ranahisham, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Hello,
    My son is having problem in answering the comparison questions that are for 10 marks.
    There are 3 types of comparison question type 1 which is 2 sided,
    type 2 where you have to give the importance of a given reason
    type 3 comparing the importance of three listed reasons.
    My son doesn't know the structure of how to answer the comparison question. He doesn't know from where to start

Can you point me to any direction where he can find an explanation of these methods ?

Thank you

2. ranahisham

ranahisham New commenter

Hello,
    My son is having problem in answering the comparison questions that are for 10 marks.
    There are 3 types of comparison question type 1 which is 2 sided,
    type 2 where you have to give the importance of a given reason
    type 3 comparing the importance of three listed reasons.
    My son doesn't know the structure of how to answer the comparison question. He doesn't know from where to start

Can you point me to any direction where he can find an explanation of these methods ?

Thank you

3. I mark for ocr
    So
    Q1 - 2 sided. Paragraph agreeing with the statement, paragraph disagreeing with the statement.
    Q2 - Named/most impt factor - 2 paragraphs on the named factor (you have to make at least 2 points, paragraph on other factors
    Q3 - 3 factors - 3 paragraphs (one per reason)
    This will get you 9 out of 10. It's really difficult to get 10/10 and have to offer something new/different in the conclusion. This could be how factors link or the most important factor. Unless you can do this then I wouldn't waste time attempting to.
    Hopw this helps