1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR H173 H573 A Level Religious Studies

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by hbee1, Jan 23, 2019.

1. hbee1

hbee1 New commenter

Need some help/advice/reassurance here! Currently on a maternity contract in my NQT year and have taken the Y13 class. They've been a pain since the start of the year and are now arguing that they don't know the content because I haven't taught it them. They argue that since I haven't explicitly taught them everything in the textbook, I haven't taught it them. This is despite using the same unit/powerpoint/resources with a Y12 class who got good results in their mock essays and are happy with the content. I have also provided them with the wording from the spec: I have covered everything on it!

Thoughts? How do you teach A Level? It's my first time teaching A Level and I'm starting to panic slightly!

:(

2. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

If you have time make sure you have at least. A sentence or 2 about what you have covered each lesson.

Remind them that they won’t get spoon fed at uni.

Remind them that A levels are different to GCSE.

Tell them that as they have been doing 3 hours a night independent study they’ll be fine.

Offer to look at their revision timetable in lesson time.

They’re looking for excuses. Make sure they know they can’t blame you.

hbee1 likes this.