1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR GCSE ICT New spec exam results

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by fordprefect2005, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hi there, just wondering how other schools have done with G063 case study this year. We have a large cohort of over 200 students and apparently less than 10 have got a grade C or above which I am having a hard time believing. Have seen a couple of other comments but trying to get a feel for what happened. I cannot get back onto interchange until monday so if anybody has any nation stats I would love to see them.

Thanks

2. We had almost exactly the same results. We entered 198 year 10 students and got 6 Cs, all other grades were lower, the average being grade F! These same students had sat the ICT funtional skills exam the year before and achieved 64% level 2. We entered 100 year 11 students in for GCSE in June 94% of them acheived A* to C.
    Looking on interchange told me that the national average for the exam was 19 out of 60, grade F. The examiner's report blames lack of preparation on the part of schools and that pupils would do better on this exam at the end of year 11. However, the national average for B061 is only a grade E. In other words any school that has entered pupils for OCR GCSE ICT this summer will have had shocking results. I also notice from the OCR community forums that schools are also complaining about the B062 being moderated down.
    As a result of the appalling result we have this week moved the year 10s onto the WJEC board.

3. I did the short course for a cohort of 25 pupils in last years Year 11, we have never taught GCSE before and are offering Edexcels GCSE as an option to our current Year 10s.
    The exam results were very poor but our controlled assessment was not marked down and was in tolerence. Overall we got 1 A, 2 B's, 5 C's 3 D's, 9 E's 2 F's, 2 G's and 1 U. The pupils were middle to low ability. Pupils who resat their Jan exam in June generally did a lot worse. My intention was always to go with Edexcel I think the OCR one looks a lot harder.

4. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

How do you find average national grades on interchange

5. Where on Inter-change did you find the national average for the exam? Regards