1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR GCSE - How has it been for you?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by nickileigh, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Having placed on here some previous messages I just wanted to ask how everyone had got on this year with the OCR syllabus? Having been my first Year 11 groups to go through I was initally very daunted however, having been on the course and advice from others I soon found my feet. The A583 From Concept to Creation went extremely well, and I was blown away by how down to earth the moderator was, unlike previous (Edexcel) moderators who didn't even speak to myself or my HOD. I have my fingers crossed now for the results, and hope all has gone well for you too.
    Best wishes
    Nicki

2. Hi all,
    Having placed on here some previous messages I just wanted to ask how everyone had got on this year with the OCR syllabus? Having been my first Year 11 groups to go through I was initally very daunted however, having been on the course and advice from others I soon found my feet. The A583 From Concept to Creation went extremely well, and I was blown away by how down to earth the moderator was, unlike previous (Edexcel) moderators who didn't even speak to myself or my HOD. I have my fingers crossed now for the results, and hope all has gone well for you too.
    Best wishes
    Nicki

3. Hi,
    Yeah, I've found OCR better than Edexcel in many ways. My main issue with Edexcel was obscure marking of the exam unit, but so far with OCR I've agreed with almost everything.
    My only concern is the organisation of Drama in the Making - perhaps that's just me though, maybe I haven't found the best way of arranging it. It was just so much to get done in such a short period of time and also although the board say that the devised piece(s) are marked as 'work in progress' the marking criteria doesn't reflect this, in fact it's exactly the same as From Page to Stage which is expected to be polished. There also isn't any part of the marking criteria that relates directly to script writing either so I felt like I was guessing a bit marking those.
    Fingers crossed for your results and mine!
    Enjoy the rest of half term.
    Jess [​IMG]