1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR GCSE Coursework

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Tosha, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

...does anyone think the ocr coursework mark scheme is a bit over the top for a gcse controlled assessment?

I think we may get hammered this year and OI work in a prviously successful grammar school. Not sure the kids have rigour to put the documentation together without advice

2. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

clearly I can't type

3. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

I don't necessarily think it's over the top but the structure of the assessment will mean that results will be lower than before.
    Higher ability students have the chance to demonstrate how good they are, but the ones who will suffer are the lower ability ones, those who under the old spec could spend a ridiculous amount of hours churning out coursework (which may or may not have been their own) and getting a grade far in excess of their predited one.
    All of the departments in our school that are doing CA have all said that results will be down as a certain percentage at the bottom will fail. Surprisingly SLT have said they're OK with this - we'll see what happens on results day!!