1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR GCSE B061 Results

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Tosha, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

.. anyone get results for this exam. Ours were pretty bad.

2. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Mixed bag for us, covering the whole range of grades. From talking to the kids, it seems most of the F/G/U kids admit to not revising too much, so they got what they deserved.

3. My results were awful, D being the highest grade. It was a resit, 2 students went down by a grade, about half the group were ungraded. Even the students who attended revision sessions and studied only got E's. Clearly I have been teaching them the wrong things, but I used the book recommended to my by OCR to create revision resources. I couldn't really find the answers to the exam questions in the book, by that I mean if I was a student with weak literacy skills I wouldn't have been able to find the answers. The paper would have been suitable for grammar schools, as it required a certain amount of logical thinking to get higher marks, but my students don't have these skills.

4. Very bad for us as well. Kids who should be getting A*-C ending up with D or less. Kids who should be getting C/D getting G and U.

We had a bad experience with B063 as well.

The exams seem to be less of a test of what kids know and more of a test of whether they can second guess the format that the examiner wants the question to be answered in.

I would advise avoiding OCR ICT at all costs in future.

5. Ours were bad too A* - C were C - F I really don't know why

6. It's good to hear we're not the only ones. Mind you, the national figures back that up.

I fear a mutiny from many pupils who can't see the point of bothering when they aren't rewarded for their efforts. Some very talented kids of ours who know their stuff and did loads of revision got G and U. I was gobsmacked when I saw th results.

7. Edexcel we thought it suited our students more.

8. I am actually a student, not teacher, and I sat this exam with no revision and came out with an A* when I am only targeted an A. Surely it can't be just me that thought it was an easy exam paper???

9. Hi All,

Does anyone have any good resources for teaching 2.1.4 Manipulating Data (Data managing and Data handling software).

Would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks