1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR feedback - how much do you give?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by anon2047, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Hi,
    When you give feedback for work, how much do you tend to give and what is the leeway regarding improvements etc?
    I am getting confused about what I can actually tell a student.
    Many thanks
    J

2. You can't say "you need this, this and this to get a Merit on AO4" or "just add the =SUM function here and it's fine"...
    I'd be tempted to ask your HoD if you can go on one of the OCR Nationals training courses they run throughout the year, they're informative and explain these sort of questions very well!

3. Hi,
    I am a pGCE student writing an assignment on marking OCR work.
    Do you know if the JISC marking document refers to this or is it just GCSE?
    Many thanks,
    Jaime

4. JCQ?

Yawn, have a read of most of this topic: https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/452894.aspx?PageIndex=2 and https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/362841/5088421.aspx

5. I have developed a feedback sheet whichI can post/send if you like.
    It has the crieria on the top either Pass. Merit & Distiction and three boxes underneath a www (what went well), ebi (even better if) an a comment box they fill in to explain what they will do to improve.
    I have found this useful and a great winner with inspections as you have instantly shown progress, especially of the learners have acted on their own comments.
    Like, others I have used you need to add ... etc in the comment boxes
    Hope this helps
    P

6. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

To play safe, I always refer to the marking sheets when I give feedback to students. That way, I'm not giving them any over the top help, just pointing out what criteria OCR themselves have laid down.
    For instance, a student who gets a Merit for his business letter will have that bit of the feedback sheet ticked, but will have it pointed out that the Distinction criteria refers to a mail merge, which he hasn't done so can't get a Distinction grade.

7. Hi,
    Many thanks for the replies everyone, a great help!
    Cheers
    J