1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR exam marking

Discussion in 'History' started by penyard52, Mar 1, 2011.

1. I've applied to do exam marking for OCR this year and been accepted and placed on the approved list. Does anyone know when, roughly, I might expect to hear from them if they need me to do marking this year?
    Thanks

2. You usually would have heard by now - I received my invitation to mark in the post in December. Might be worth dropping them an email?

3. MarkJH

MarkJH New commenter

I'm afraid that I found OCR a bit disorganised when I applied to mark for them some years ago. I didn't hear anything for ages despite contacting them several times to remind them. Eventually at the last minute they offered me a marking job after I had already accepted a post with another board. A couple of years later I applied to mark for them again and got a rather sniffy reply saying 'last time we offered you a post you turned it down'!