1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR ENTRY LEVEL ICT R441

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by meltatz, Apr 17, 2012.

1. I am currently running the new ICT Entry Level by OCR (R441) and am having a few issues. The old specification (3912) was really easy to follow and the mark scheme was excellent. The students either got a mark for completing something or they did not, this is really ambigiuos and the resources suplied are really poor.
    Does anyone else follow this course and if so, would they be willing to share some examples of work or tasks created or adapted mark scheme please?

2. Hi meltatz

I am running an entry level ICT course at my school (Special) and have developed resources. Still interested? Am willing to share!

Example attached is using spreadsheets. I have extemporised on the criteria in the OCR scheme so (I hope) that all requirements are made more overt so it becomes easier to mark - based on independence and support. The Teacher handbook from OCR website refers to this as an indication of awarding marks.

Let me know what you think.

3. jwinchester

jwinchester New commenter

Hi PrioryMT

We have just started Entry Level ICT at our school (Also special). Really like the resource that you shared, especially as it gives a good layout for the planning and evaluation stages which many of our students find difficult to do.

I hope you don't mind but have used a similar layout for our Animation strand and have shared it using the link below.

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/OCR-Entry-Level-ICT-R441-Short-Task-Animation-6371069/

More than happy to share any other resources that we develop as we are quite new to this as.

James

4. impis

impis New commenter

I don't suppose you have anything for the 'Digital Imaging' strand do you?

5. mercer77

mercer77 New commenter

Some wonderful resources, thanks very much! Has anyone created anything similar for the Practical Communication task? I'm going to make one soon, I'll share when it's finished.

6. I am about to share my latest version of the practical communication task - just getting all the various bits together! I have just uploaded a short task - digital imaging task if interested.

All resources now available on this community for OCR short task - Digital imaging

www.tes.co.uk/.../OCR-ICT-R441-resource-6403866

7. impis

impis New commenter

Oh dear, the link doesn't work - it says that the resource has been removed.

8. Hi, I have just started teaching this course too, and I'm desperate for some resources! Does anyone have a content tick list, you know, something you can use to set up lessons. Or can anyone tell me what they're using as an outline to plan how much time needs spending on different sections, etc? Any advice will be greatly received!

9. Hi, Just started teaching this too! Did you find any resources at all? More than anything I am looking for a tick sheet that says what documents have to be created to cover the units???

Look forward to hearing from you..