1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR English Literature A661

Discussion in 'English' started by arnoldc, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi

Hope someone can help??? We are currently studying the New OCR GCSE Literature Unit A661. Our Year 10's are sutdying R&J and the controlled assessment task is Using Act 2 Scene 4 consider the relationship between Mercutio and Romeo using reference to this scene and others in the play and a film version.
    As a department we are really struggling to put a scheme together, we have identified the key scenes but not sure where to go from there.
    We have looked at the sample exemplar material and can't gauge whether or not students have to make a comparison between the film and text versions or whether it is simply a case of analysing each individually and writing about them?
    Can anyone help/advise?
    Thanks
    A frustrated Year 10 English teacher

2. Hi

Hope someone can help??? We are currently studying the New OCR GCSE Literature Unit A661. Our Year 10's are sutdying R&J and the controlled assessment task is Using Act 2 Scene 4 consider the relationship between Mercutio and Romeo using reference to this scene and others in the play and a film version.
    As a department we are really struggling to put a scheme together, we have identified the key scenes but not sure where to go from there.
    We have looked at the sample exemplar material and can't gauge whether or not students have to make a comparison between the film and text versions or whether it is simply a case of analysing each individually and writing about them?
    Can anyone help/advise?
    Thanks
    A frustrated Year 10 English teacher

3. We're doing ours at the moment. I thought it was to analyse the set scene, commenting on how the film version interprets it and drawing conclusions why.
    V frustrating - the text book with sample essay doesn't refer to film version at all, so it is confusing.
    I'd contact OCR for clarification if you're unsure.

4. Arrrggghhh! Thanks for the reply, just so annoying, the exemplar materials refer to the text and the film version (Macbeth). But the text book says the students are assessed for AO1 & AO3 but the controlled assessment question says only AO1 will be tested!!!
    I will e-mail OCR again.
    Thanks

5. <font size="2" color="#0000ff" face="Arial">Dear arnoldc</font>
    <font color="#0000ff">As the
    </font><font size="2" color="#0000ff" face="Arial">I hope this helps</font>

The English Team at OCR