1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR English GCSE Revision

Discussion in 'English' started by isobel789, May 3, 2012.

1. I am running out of material and ideas for the final revision push . . . Does anybody out there have anything they can share? In return I would be happy to share my own Language detailed materials, and also a collection of very comprehensive ppt and revision podcasts on Duffy poetry and Animal Farm.
    Thanks!

2. I am running out of material and ideas for the final revision push . . . Does anybody out there have anything they can share? In return I would be happy to share my own Language detailed materials, and also a collection of very comprehensive ppt and revision podcasts on Duffy poetry and Animal Farm.
    Thanks!

3. gloucesterroad

gloucesterroad New commenter

For A680, if they are prepared and know the skills, I would get a few articles (you'd need about 3 pairs) which work as items for the exam. Get the kids into groups of 3 or 4 and give them a pair of items. Get them to read them, analyse them, write questions and write examiners markscheme guidance for expected responses them have them swap to write the answers. You can then have them pass them to a third group to mark them answers using the markscheme.

For literature, I will be getting them to prepare a short revision lesson on a topic in pairs or threes. About 20mins of teaching so they can thoroughly cover two in a lesson. If they are not used to teaching, it helps to give them suggestions of tasks or a simple model lesson plan to help them get started. They usually come up with really cool and interesting lessons and they love it!