1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Drama GCSE Results

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by MBW1980, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Ok, first go with the new spec, all the way through. What do we reckon? I am pleased on the whole.

Still dislike the Drama in The Making as a module to mark, as I think the mark scheme is disastrously vague, but apparently OCR are working on it. Interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

2. Ok, first go with the new spec, all the way through. What do we reckon? I am pleased on the whole.

Still dislike the Drama in The Making as a module to mark, as I think the mark scheme is disastrously vague, but apparently OCR are working on it. Interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

3. I have enjoyed teaching it- DITM very vague and I found it difficult to get my head around the marking. A pleasing set of results though, and the man who came to mark my exam unit was very helpful!

4. on the whole our marks seem fair if not over generous
    Drama in the making -we were marked down 5 points at the top end
    but of course we have no idea where -item 1 2 3 or the working notebook
    concept marks were not generous either -our top mark was 67 out of the 80 I guess

5. I have to say I have been very pleased with the OCR board. None of my marks were changed, and the examiner for the Concept to creation was very helpful and marked the same as me. I do see what you mean about the Drama in the Making marking criteria, but you really have to pick what applies.
    Would be interested to know what plays you did for From Page to Stage.
    Best wishes
    Nicola