1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Creative iMedia

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by pob1888, Sep 27, 2015.

1. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

Looking for a bit of guidance from anyone who delivers this. Just had out moderators report back from last year, we got taken down a few marks and one of the reasons was due to us not completing the section that requires the learners to explain "skills and knowledge from other units". Our learners simply explained which skills and knowledge they had gained and previously used in other parts of the course. Anyone know how this is meant to be completed properly? The guidance on it isn't very clear at all! It was the first year of the new course last year and our results dropped by about 27%. Hopefully we can get it spot on this year.

Thanks

2. gary_scott

gary_scott New commenter

It generally means to include things from other units, for example get them to include a mind map or mood board into their planning work, that comes from RO81. Just annotate the mark sheet when you send it off to the moderator to show this.

3. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

Sounds a bit harsh if they do R082 first and haven't necessarily covered any of the other units! They can't list what they have done elsewhere because... they haven't done it elsewhere. I assumed it was implicit in marking and they wouldn't need to state it categorically. Useful to know. I might make mine write a quick report at the end listing the skills that cross over (it seems to only be in the planning section of each unit, regarding client brief and audience/purpose etc). Then just print the report 3 times and put it into each folder. Bit silly.

4. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

Thank's. That makes sense now. I will get them to include that, would one document each be enough? They already have to include a visualisation diagram in R082, so include a mood board as well and that should cover it?

Yeah I agree, we cover R082 first maybe in theory they want you to cover the skills for R081 first. I had my students write a report stating the skills they covered in each unit such as research, creating a mind map, client requirements, preproduction plans and evaluating their work - but this was not correct.

5. gary_scott

gary_scott New commenter

For RO82 you already have the visualisation, so get them to do a quick mood board and a mind map (I get them to do one for the target audiences) and they will be fine. In fairness, that approach will work for pretty much every unit!