1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Creative iMedia Level 2 Award

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by maxim123, Sep 1, 2010.

1. maxim123

maxim123 New commenter

Hi

I was wondering if anybody knows the GCSE equivalency of the OCR Creative iMedia Level 2 Award.

2. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

It depends how many units you do as to how many GCSE equivalents you gain - there should be infomation on OCR website.
    We are going for 1/2 GCSE with KS3 and then can gain more depending on ability and as pupils move up the years.

3. I know the plain old Level 2 iMedia (last cohort just starting now) is worth 46points (equiv. B) for each award (e.g. 3 units = 46, 5 units = 92). I'm not sure with the new spec.

4. maxim123

maxim123 New commenter

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking about offering the Interactive Multimedia Concepts unit at Level 2 and was wondering if presentations created using Powerpoint would be enough to satisfy the assessment criteria?

5. tonyuk

You have to look at the knowledge skills and understanding for the unit and see if it can be matched using powerpoint - the ideal would be flash I would have thought to give them a really good understanding of interactive multimedia.

6. the OCR website seems to be deliberately vague on the accreditation period for iMedia. it looks like a nice course, but can anyone say clearly and categorically when accreditation for it starts/ends on the NQF? someone told me it had limited life left and therefore wasnt considering for any new sets of students.

7. "The eligibility for funding for new registrations on iMedia ends on 31 August 2010

The last date for registration of new candidates is 31 December 2010

The Creative iMedia qualification became live on 1 April 2010"

HTH

8. tonyuk

Yes thats my understanding to - I have already started delivering Creative Imedia as it has some extra units that I and the pupils really like - have set up our moodle for delivery and some of the kids are flying with it!!!

9. We pre-registered our new Y10 cohort and are sticking with it for one more year. As we're changing to the new WJEC GCSE ICT spec as well as kicking off the OCR GCSE Computing we figured we would try and leave it until next year to learn yet ANOTHER new syllabus(!)

10. tonyuk

Good plan we have pre registered for Nationals and doing IMedia this year and Nationals next - know the feeling though so many spec changes.

11. I'm switching to Creative Imedia this year but from what I can see there is still a shortage of materials for support. Ive emailed Alison for advice (if it is someone else doing the support now I'd apprecate contact details) .
    Ive found the handbook & specs on the OCR website and the assignments on Interchange but can't find anything else. The spec for 201 is missing too - this being the mandatory unit if you do more than the basic Award......
    The specs seem to be ok but I can see me having to come up with alternative assignments so I wouldn't mind sharing ideas with anyone else in the same boat. Any takers for doing some mutual support? Particularly without having to go through the silly OCR email type system!

12. Point are as follows:
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="MsoNormalTable"><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085323
    </td><td>OCR Level 1 Award for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>12.5
    </td><td></td><td>0
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085335
    </td><td>OCR Level 1 Certificate for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>50
    </td><td>
    </td><td>0
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085347
    </td><td>OCR Level 1 Diploma for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>75
    </td><td></td><td>0
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085359
    </td><td>OCR Level 2 Award for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>23
    </td><td></td><td>10
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085293
    </td><td>OCR Level 2 Certificate for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>92
    </td><td></td><td>40
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:25.5pt;"><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td></td><td>40
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr><tr style="height:12.75pt;"><td>50085311
    </td><td>OCR Level 2 Diploma for Creative iMedia (QCF)
    </td><td>Pass
    </td><td>138
    </td><td></td><td>60
    </td><td>0
    </td></tr></table>
    Any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me alison.pearce@ocr.org.uk

13. Hi
    I moved from iMedia to Creative iMedia as Qualifications Manager this year, so please do not hesitate to contact me alison.pearce@ocr.org.uk
    I will be posting exemplar material shortly and will ensure that unit 201 is reloaded. OCR would suggest that if you do generate your own scenarios you use the assessment objectives as tasks as per our live assignments to ensure that candidates can meet them all and would not be restricted in any way.
    Alison

14. Hi Alison, we currently deliver OCR nationals level 2 and we are looking at the Creative imedia, do you have any literature packs etc that you can forward - exemplar work etc..
    Regards,
    Phil
    pshufflebotham@sgfl.org.uk