1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Cambridge Technicals IT Level 3 - Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by kathley, Jul 3, 2015.

1. kathley

kathley New commenter

We are starting this from new in September and I have created a scheme of work for the first 3 units. I have decided to run 2 units concurrently (U1 & U23 database design) is this a wise decision or should I run them sequentially? Any help would be gratefully received.

2. Insomnia77

Insomnia77 New commenter

Hi
    It was my first year this year. You don't have to do unit 1 and unit 2 compulsory units in one year but i did it in case some of my year 12 had to leave at the end of AS for whatever reason. The way i did it, Unit 2 L04 and Unit 23 db works together to demonstrate software skills. Unit 1 and unit 2 are big units and hard ones to do in the first year. next year, unit 1 will be exam though.... hope that helps. Look for Cambridge Technicals level 3 group on facebook.

3. misscain21

misscain21 New commenter

I don't suppose you would like to share your SOW for unit 1 and 2 - Im really struggling for time.

4. mollythecat

mollythecat New commenter

5. mollythecat

mollythecat New commenter

Hi
    We are running this for the first time starting in September. I think we will run the two exam units in the first year for the same reasons as Insomnia77. Not sure how this will work. I would also like help on any SOW as this has been a struggle.
    Thank you