1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ocr Cambridge national level 2

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by moto car, Feb 7, 2016.

1. moto car

moto car New commenter

Hi, my school is currently changing from gcse pe to the ocr Cambridge national in sports studies. A number of questions have been raised with regards to the course including:-
    Colleges not recognising the course
    Universities not recognising the course
    Employers not recognising the course.

As far as I am aware, it is a level 2 qualification and should therefore be valued in the same manner as a gcse. Any information would be welcomed.

2. JohnAdamsonOCR

JohnAdamsonOCR New commenter

Hi moto car,

It sounds like you have some colleagues who may be not be aware of what a Cambridge National is, and what they enable progression to etc.

I'm sure one of my colleagues based in your region would gladly come to the school to dispel the above myths. Check this link and click on the 'Find support in your area' tab which will direct you to your nearest OCR contact.

Furthermore you may wish to network with other schools in your local area who deliver the same subject or are also thinking of doing the same from September. We can help you with that.

Last but not least... there are monthly (free) webinars for Cambridge Nationals in Sport Studies on the second to last Tuesday of every month which you can book on to here.

Hope this helps,
    John