1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR B: MODERN WORLD HISTORY?

Discussion in 'History' started by pangar, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I am currently employed by an ASD provision which is dilly-dallying about registering with OCR. Not many of the students are capable of tackling GCSE history but more may follow in the near future. What I am uncertain about in the interim is what exactly to teach the students and which choices to offer them for a depth study. If any colleagues with a firm handle on the various permutations of the syllabus in question can offer me any advise on this account then I would be extremely grateful.
    I should say that I am keen to get this right now as it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that the service may not progress any of the students I am working with if they fail to hit the desired marks, and by that I mean failing to enter them for the assessments and exams in due course!

2. USA, 1919-41. Much the simplest to grasp. By far.

3. I agree - USA is very straightforward. Also be aware that for the International Relations section you only need to teach one of the two units - either Inter-War or Cold War - students don't need to learn both to complete the exam. Unfortunately, both are rather 'politics' based and not that straightforward, although Inter-war might be the easier of the two.