1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR AS Science any one else with experience?

Discussion in 'Science' started by telephonejunkie, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I have now been teaching this course since september and I am suprised at how much the students and I are enjoying this course. Unfortunately there is no A2 and the whole class are asking what we intend to run for them in september.Does anyone have experience with this type of student? How have you guys come up with a win/win for the Sci dept and the students?

2. HI

Can you give me any more info on the course as we are thinking of starting it in september.... any help would be useful

3. AQA AS applied science - we run this because it goes to AS and A2 and works well for this type of student.
    Other options
    AS/A2 environmental science
    AQA Science in society

4. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

Errrr...there is an A2!!! In fact there is a Double Award A-Level - students can gain two A-Levels if enough time is committed and enough units completed!!!
    However, we have decided to give students the second AS-Level award in Year 13...my lead teacher informs me that the units are more interesting and relevant to our students.
    Mark