1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR AS Help!

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by rosiefudge, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I am a NQT teaching Media Studies and am struggling to get my head around the OCR AS coourse. I was wondering if anyone had any resources for this course, specifically creating music magazines?
    Also, in regards to the exam, what institutions do centres study? I would like some inspiration to some interesting ones to engage the students.

2. Hi, we do Film Industry - american blockbuster vs british independent and I can send you some bits if you send me your email address? :)

3. mediadave

mediadave New commenter

Can you be more specific about the exam - are you doing film, magazines, etc. Last year I did Film 4 and Slumdog Millionaire vs Harry Potter and WB; this year we're doing the King's Speech and the independent companies making it, e.g. SeeSaw films.
    As for music magazines, I did upload a few powerpoints recently you might find useful. Which bit are you teaching at the moment? Presumably you're not doing exam and coursework at the same time...

4. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

We study the Magazine industry for institutions and in particular Hearst as a company. In the resources section I have uploaded a comprehensive revision guide that we use with the students for Cosmopolitan magazine for this unit so check it out as others have found it quite helpful... x

5. Hi, would you mind sending me some of your bits for this please?
    My email address is fudge@eehs.surrey.sch.uk
    THanks