1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR Applied ICT Schemes of Work - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by SteveKearvell, Aug 26, 2011.

1. I am actually a Physics teacher, but have been asked to take over AS and A2 ICT, having taught a bit of AS ICT on a different syllabus. The applied syllabus has not been taught before at this centre, so we have very little in the way of resources and I am on my own apart from a part time hourly paid teacher, who has also never taught this before. I could not find example SOWs on the OCR website, which are available for other AS/A2 courses. We therefore desperately need example SOWs or at least teaching order for units: G040, G041, G042, G048, G049 and G053.

2. I am actually a Physics teacher, but have been asked to take over AS and A2 ICT, having taught a bit of AS ICT on a different syllabus. The applied syllabus has not been taught before at this centre, so we have very little in the way of resources and I am on my own apart from a part time hourly paid teacher, who has also never taught this before. I could not find example SOWs on the OCR website, which are available for other AS/A2 courses. We therefore desperately need example SOWs or at least teaching order for units: G040, G041, G042, G048, G049 and G053.

3. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Is it too late to say no?

4. Not really an option - can you help?

5. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Have a look at Glen Milbery's site - I think i's still going but it says down for maintenance atm - http://www.ocrict.org/
    HTH

PM me your email address.

6. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Hi
    What learning platform are you using?

7. Thanks - I will keep an eye on this.
    I have emailed you my contact details.
    [​IMG]

8. We use Moodle. The previous head of ICT has set up a few resources for the AS modules, but I'm just getting started on the A2 modules.

By the way I used to have a very similar looking cat, but he was more of a keyboard player than an axeman.

9. Glens site is for the OCR traditional A-Level rather than the applied - feel free to use the resources on my site www.computechedu.co.uk where you will find lots of stuff for most of the units.... any further questions either email or use the ocr forum @ http://social.ocr.org.uk

regards chris

10. Hi I am the KS5 Applied ICT Coordinator at Cramlington Learning VIllage.

I could give you so advice on the course if you want. Worth looking at exemplar work and see if school will let you out on courses to help you prepare for teaching.

my email address is ptrobson at gmail.com

Obviously its not an at but @.

Thanks

Mprcomp

11. thanks very much for replying. yes..they seem to be doing it on theme parks. not going too badly so far...its really the marking of tasks they have submitted that i need to stuck into!! may be in touch again..thanks :)

12. will most likely be in touch with you over next couple of weekss Mprcomp. thank you very much. getting on ok so far...just getting my head around the tasks and marking!!