1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR and Templates

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Tosha, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

One of my students cut and pasted the following text from a guidance document ad put it in his report.
    "Include a list of requirements detailing what the system does not how it does it"

I got acussed of malpractice by the moderator!

Are OCR insane!?

2. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

One of my students cut and pasted the following text from a guidance document ad put it in his report.
    "Include a list of requirements detailing what the system does not how it does it"

I got acussed of malpractice by the moderator!

Are OCR insane!?

3. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

I'd say that's a yes.

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Depends if this is the only phrase that was lifted or if a total frame is used. If it is only opne phrase that was lifted I would go for a remark. However if there are more phrases lifted and across a number of candidates then it could well be - our moderator has said that all exam boards are getting very hot on lifting phrases with no reference but if its only one phrase then a remark!

5. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

Didn't mark us down, but threatened malpractice. OCR seem to think you should give a kid the mark scheme and that's it. I can't understand the mark scheme myself.

and yes only phrase by one candidate.
    Additionally they told us kids should be using different software for the project(i.e. some db, some spreadsheets) despite the trainer telling us all to use spreadsheets.

6. We have had a similar situation this year.

We have used the same resources for students for a number of years and been accredited for our marking in the past and then this happens!

Accused of malpractice - luckily that came to nothing ... but our marks have been taken down...

I think the primary directive has changed!

7. I'm not convinced all the moderators fully understand what they are doing, I've had one tell me not to use a specific piece of software for Unit 4, yet its the same software that OCR recommends in their own guidence. Maybe if OCR would pay teachers to be moderators it would help improve the process.

8. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

Welshman do you know anything in regard to the wjec gcse?

9. I know I'm teaching it [​IMG] Also I know that the marks in the recent exam weren't particularly good, but I haven't heard anthing about peoples experiences with the coursework for the new spec.

10. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

If moderators are talking about specific software you need to let OCR know - exam boards as far as I am aware can not specify software for any unit they can recommend but not force you to use a certain piece of software!

11. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

What they the moderator said is that students would be expected to use different software. e.g on student to use a db another a spreadsheet. Though in the training they said that you would be best to tell all students to use a spreadsheet