1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A2 Level: Civil Rights in the USA

Discussion in 'History' started by grlprettypnk, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Dear All,
    I have just moved to a new school, and I am teaching A Level for the first time since my PGCE. I am quite nervous about making a good impression. I am teaching the Year 13 unit, "Civil Rights in the USA".
    I would be very grateful for any advice/ T&L suggestions in order to deliver this topic well.
    Thanks,
    [​IMG]

2. Dear All,
    I have just moved to a new school, and I am teaching A Level for the first time since my PGCE. I am quite nervous about making a good impression. I am teaching the Year 13 unit, "Civil Rights in the USA".
    I would be very grateful for any advice/ T&L suggestions in order to deliver this topic well.
    Thanks,
    [​IMG]

3. I could also do with some help on this. I've got a copy of the module, but need to turn it into a scheme of work. I've only ever taught two days of A level before when I was on supply so I'm a bit out of my depth.

4. I just wanted to bump this thread up as my school has received some disappointing results in this unit. We normally do well - I was wondering if others who teach this unit had similar feedback.

I've looked over a couple of scripts we received back which we're graded C or below which I certainly would have considered much stronger.

Any comments on how others schools got on in this unit would be most appreciated.