1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A2 English Literature - which texts have gone down well?

Discussion in 'English' started by amanda32, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I'm in the process of selecting texts for my first year of teaching this spec and would appreciate some feedback on which texts teachers feel have worked well for the Shakespeare and the Drama and Poetry pre-1800 unit.

I'm aware that the texts are changing for summer 2013, but if people feel for example that Chaucer and Milton have gone down a storm in the past then i might give them a bash rather than going for what seems to be the slightly easier option of Marvell or Blake.

Just interested to find out what others' experiences have been - would be great to hear from you!

2. lovely_lorz

lovely_lorz New commenter

I've done Donne and Duchess of Malfi for the last three years and they have LOVED it. They've also got really good grades. I got two A*s and an A out of 5 students last year so they've obviously understood it well.

I've not picked which texts I'm doing next year yet.
    Laura xxx

3. That's encouraging! Did you use the Malfi/Donne scheme of work that OCR have on their website? How many of the Donne poems did you have time to look at in the end?
    Anyone else had success with other pairings? What about the Shakespeare?

4. I'm interested in this too - we might be switching to OCR. Anyone else taught this syllabus???