1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A LEVEL SOCIOLOGY

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by lashani01, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hello,

I'm an NQT (and the only Sociology teacher), It would be highly appreciative if anyone who is familiar with the OCR exam board for Sociology help with SOW or ideas, I am feeling a little flustered, been trawling the net but it seems that AQA is the dominant exam board when it comes to Sociology and not found a lot to help me in my planning of lessons and resources.

thanks in advance

2. The first place to look is the OCR site (www.ocr.org.uk) - their workschemes tend towards more high-flying students but should give you a good basis for creating your own.
    If you go to http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/ebooks/ you can access their free online AS textbook - follows the OCR Spec. to the letter and should give you an idea about content.

3. Thanks, i have downloaded the schemes of work from the website but confused with the recommended suggested hours, and the requirements for the pre release material.
    Thanks again

4. Can you be a bit more specific?
    "Suggested hours" will probably be different between institutions - depends how many hours each week is allocated for subject. Length of lessons also varies between institutions.