1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A Level RS synoptic?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by shakti1501, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi all
    What approach are you taking with your students with regard to the synoptic elements now being implicit in the Philosophy and Ethics papers? I can't put my hands on any specific guidance. The mark scheme still contains only AO1 and AO2 that we are familiar with of old. I am (of course) keen to know how will OCR assess the connections made by students so that I can advise and prepare them properly.
    Many thanks
    Emma

2. Hi all
    What approach are you taking with your students with regard to the synoptic elements now being implicit in the Philosophy and Ethics papers? I can't put my hands on any specific guidance. The mark scheme still contains only AO1 and AO2 that we are familiar with of old. I am (of course) keen to know how will OCR assess the connections made by students so that I can advise and prepare them properly.
    Many thanks
    Emma

3. Hi could you help me with this. I need guidance on the synoptic in the a2 papers?

4. Put simply, there is NO formal guidance. I examine for A2 on this syllabus and the best advice I can give you is that you should work with your students on developing as many ways of linking the two sides of the course together as possible. eg\: Meta-ethics and verification/falsification.
    The only explicit reference to the synoptic element in the most recent A2 Ethics mark scheme is;
    "Synoptic skills and the ability to make connections: these are now assessed at A2 as
    specification, due to the removal of the Connections papers."