1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A level results

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by san38, Mar 7, 2012.

1. san38

san38 New commenter

Got mine off the interchange - AS Ethics fine, A2 ethics - dreadful - losing faith in myself and in the marking too. Last year, same kind of kids, great results - this year no-one exceeded a 'D' and this includes kids who got A in both units last year. How did anyone else do? Also advice - am thinking of having whole lot remarked - does anyone know what cost is likely to be. Also, we have to submit any resits by Monday -what if someone puts down for a resit and then the remark gives a higher grade and they don't want to resit anymore? I'm not sure as a dept we can afford to pay for both and I'm not sure if it's fair to ask kids to pay when they have all done so badly. Depressing - it was a difficult paper and now I feel I've really let them down. [​IMG]

2. How do you get them off the interchange????!!!!!!

3. san38

san38 New commenter

You can't unless you've previously been registered by your exam secretary&given a login&password.

4. Feeling the same. A2 Ethics, results dreadful. Have even been back over the syllabus, doubling checking everything has been taught, which of course it has! This is insane! I am going for some re-marks. Will let you know the outcome.

5. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Lead commenter

According to my examinations officer, you can request photocopies of the scripts (£12 a time or something like that) which will arrive before the deadline for re-mark requests elapses. And a request for a photocopy does not obviate the possibility of having a script re-marked.
    I'm going down this route.
    Here's what I expect to happen:
    1. I'll get the scripts back.
    2. A quick read through will confirm my suspicions that they have been marked harshly.
    3. I'll then request a re-mark.
    4. The marks will not go up.
    I have my suspicions as to why this outcome is the most likely but if I spell them out here I may well lapse into industrial language in doing so.
    And besides, the bottom line is that I'll simply change boards.

6. san38

san38 New commenter

Right there with you and the 'industrial language'! I am getting all my y13s remarked (at my expense) on the basis that these are great kids who have all gone down at least 2 grades - can't be right but as you say I have no great faith that 'right' will come into it. Kids are also putting in for a resit incase grades do not go up and as I have already said below I am furious that the official line is that even if the marks do go up because OCR got it wrong the first time then the kids are still liable to pay for a resit that they will not need. This is ludricous. While you are requesting photocopies and I am requesting re-marks, resits etc.. exam boards are sitting on their corporate a**es and getting ever more money for incompetence. Rant over. Just so annoyed and depressed with the whole system.

7. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Lead commenter

san,
    there's a pm system on this board. I'd like to communicate with you about this issue privately. But I don't want to post my e-mail address visibly as it may be vulnerable to spybots and what not. Just leave a reply here and I'll contact you.
    It wouldn't just be for a moan. I have quite a few resources to share (and a few ideas too) with respect to A2 Ethics.

8. san38

san38 New commenter

Hi Noseymatron - I have sent you a PM on the TES system which has my email address on. Would be great to hear from you, Thanks!

9. Can I join in too please? Ordered the scripts back today - would be happy to share resources.

I fear that mine didn't evaluate well enough - does anyone have anything on essay structuring for A2 that might help them break it down - they are too used to AS!! All got A's in their resits and D's and E's in A2. They are gutted (and it doesnt reflect what they had been getting prior to the exam)