1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCR A J512

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by superlocrian, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm a prospective student teacher (music) being held back by not having maths at C.
    I took exams this week to find they seemed more difficult than the 4 past papers I tested myself on. I got around 75-85 on the past papers but this year seemed tougher. Is this just me or are OCR making the exams more difficult?
    Thanks

2. Every exam you sit, every exam a kid sits is harder than the ones you try sitting at home in a cosy environment. Thats the beauty of the 'pressure' of the exam as it flashes by
    When you look back objectively, 9 out of 10 times the papers are fair with the odd quirk. I havent seen the latest one but the J512 foundation is not the one I would pick if I needed a C grade and maths wasn't my chosen subject.
    If all doesnt go the way you hoped go for the edexcel 1380 linear foundation paper. About 1/4 is patronising. 1/2 can be answered by fairly logical humans and the last 1/4 is for those who studied or have retained any maths from year 7/8.
    You can sit this in May/June