1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OCD/Teaching BIG THANKYOU :)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Thoresby_house, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Thoresby_house

Thoresby_house New commenter

I started a thread (http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/496473.aspx?PageIndex=1) about a month ago because I was worried that I would lose my teaching place because I declared a past mental health problem on my health disclosure form.

I just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that I followed the advice of the majority on the thread and declared my OCD, explaining that it wasn't a current problem and that I felt that it no longer affected my life in any way shape or form. The University has accepted this and I haven't had any problems with keeping my place. I think it would have been a lot worse if I'd omitted it and they'd found out.

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who gave me advice - it was definitely helpful!

2. I didn't see this thread but I would like to congratulate you! Well done and I hope that you have a wonderful teaching career.