1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Occupational Health Assessment

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by har1her1, Sep 9, 2015.

1. har1her1

har1her1 New commenter

Hi,

I have been absent from work for five weeks and my 'fit note' runs out at the end of this month. HR have invited me to an Occupational Health Assessment. They say the assessment will take about an hour and a half.

I am quite anxious at the moment and I am beginning to worry about the assessment. Has anyone been through an OH Assessment and if so, could you tell me what sort of questions are likely to be asked and what happens during that 90 minutes.

Thanks

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Typically it's with a doctor with whom you can discuss your health generally, and specifically relating to your reasons for absence. They will produce a brief report quite often reiterating what your own doctor has certified as being your health issue. It is also a chance for you to discuss what support or measures can be put in place to facilitate your return to work.