1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ocado and chill?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

http://nobaddatesjustgoodstories.tumblr.com/post/133057752818/ocadoandchill

So this story about a date gone bad has been doing the rounds today. For those who can't be bothered to click the link, a guy and a girl swipe right on Tinder and agree to meet up. He doesn't want to drink so they go to a Costa for a coffee. Half an hour into the date he asks if she would like to come home with him and he'll cook her dinner. She politely declines and he reveals that he needs to get back because he's got an Ocado delivery coming. She still declines and so they part ways.
    Later in the evening she gets a text asking if they can meet again. She turns him down, but he persists and offers to make her dinner the following night. When she still turns him down, he decides to ask her for the £3.50 he spent on her coffee back because he 'doesn't like wasting money'.

I've had some pretty abysmal dates in my time but none have actually requested that I refund them the cost of the drinks they bought me while they were under the impression that I'd go home with them!

So come on, worst date stories, spill the beans...

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

That is pretty ****** way of treating someone...

3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Sounds like the sort of thing my ex-husband used to do.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

A friend of mine got involved with internet dating some years ago when it was still quite new, he used to entertain us with his mishaps.

The woman who brought along her dog which immediately attacked him, knocked over a cyclist and had a very public dump.

Another was with someone who in person was a 20 years older and drug addled version of her profile picture and pretty awful to boot, they had a coffee and a little while later he decided to cut it short. Her response was "Am I not even going to get a meal out of it?", she then spent the next couple of weeks sending him insulting text messages.

5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I went out with a guy for a while at Uni who had a rather chequered past. One particular night we went for a drink and nearing the end of the night, his ex-girlfriend showed up and caused a huge scene - crying, screaming, wailing etc. We tried to leave but she followed us so as soon as we got outside he legged it. By which I mean he literally took off running and left me to deal with this woman, who was clearly drunk as a skunk. I ended up walking her home and consoling her over her breakup with my boyfriend (turned out she was the mother of his 7 and 5 year old - he was only 21 btw - and they weren't quite as broken up as I'd been led to believe!).

I once went on a date with another guy who lived in a different city. We'd met up a couple of times in London (he worked in London so we met up after work), but this was the first proper weekend date so I offered to do the travelling and got the train down to his town on the south coast. He was supposed to meet me at the station but he didn't turn up. I called him and called him with no answer, then finally, after about an hour I got a message that he'd overslept (it was 4 in the afternoon!) and he couldn't be bothered to get dressed to pick me up so here was the address, get a cab. I got on a train back to London instead.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting but those are two that stick out in my memory.

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The pain is still too great.