1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observed Lesson - Year 3 Symmetry. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Mrs V, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I am new to Year 3 (just started in Sept having been in Foundation). Needless to say i am worried about my observation. I would really appreciate any help or tips.

I am doing symmetry. My ideas are to do a carousel type of lesson:
    A group on the computer (havent found a website yet, but will look),
    Peg boards to make a symmetrical pattern - challenge for more able to see who can get the most lines of symmetry.
    'Symmetry in nature walk' - children to go outdoors to look for symmetry and take flip camera to record findings - use this vid as plenary.
    Children to make symmetrical shapes with bodies lying on floor - to take photos from above (thought i would suggest alphabet shapes)
    Some paintings for lines of symmetry - maybe?
    A child drawing half symmetrical shape for friend to reflect.
    I'm not sure if this is too easy? Any help or ideas would be appreciated just so i know if i am on the right lines.
    Thank you :)

2. I am new to Year 3 (just started in Sept having been in Foundation). Needless to say i am worried about my observation. I would really appreciate any help or tips.

I am doing symmetry. My ideas are to do a carousel type of lesson:
    A group on the computer (havent found a website yet, but will look),
    Peg boards to make a symmetrical pattern - challenge for more able to see who can get the most lines of symmetry.
    'Symmetry in nature walk' - children to go outdoors to look for symmetry and take flip camera to record findings - use this vid as plenary.
    Children to make symmetrical shapes with bodies lying on floor - to take photos from above (thought i would suggest alphabet shapes)
    Some paintings for lines of symmetry - maybe?
    A child drawing half symmetrical shape for friend to reflect.
    I'm not sure if this is too easy? Any help or ideas would be appreciated just so i know if i am on the right lines.
    Thank you :)