1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observed lesson on what makes a good presentation

Discussion in 'English' started by captain_picard, Jan 25, 2011.

1. captain_picard

captain_picard New commenter

I'm doing this with Year 11 next week - any ideas? I was thinking of showing video clips of good and bad presentations, some peer assessments of each other's presentations - any one got any other ideas?
    All ideas are grealy appreciated![​IMG]

2. captain_picard

I'm doing this with Year 11 next week - any ideas? I was thinking of showing video clips of good and bad presentations, some peer assessments of each other's presentations - any one got any other ideas?
    All ideas are grealy appreciated![​IMG]

3. Took

Took New commenter

Don't know if this is what you are looking for or any help at all. If not please feel free to ignore!

How about getting them to come up with their own success criteria first - what do they think they should do/not do (Discuss in pairs first then share as a class).
    Then use the clips to add to their ideas.
    This means that when it comes to peer/self assessment they know exactly what to look for because they chose it.
    Hope this helps
    Took

4. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter Forum guide

Agree with Took. And sign up to Prezi if you've got IT access!

5. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Depends what the presentation is for. If you are getting them to do a persuasive presentation on anything, could be something as simple as persuading others to take up a hobby they do, then look at persuasive techniques first and how they could transfer these into presenting to the class. Look at body language, clarity of words, appropriate language and then look on You Tube for Dragon's Den clips. Some of these, as you can imagine, are spot on and others way off the mark. You could then get students to see what is good and what does not work and why.
    Hope this helps.

6. captain_picard

Thanks for those replies. Should be a good lesson.