1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observations

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by KatieK12345, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Hi, I am new to this and just wanted to know others thoughts!

I had an observation before half term from the LEA as part of my schools inspection, which didn't go too well! Until then all staff seemed happy with my progress.

This week my head has visited my class nearly everyday.

Today, my induction tutor walked into my class and told me he would be observing me right there and then. He then sat in my class for an hour. After he left my Head walked in and circulated my classroom for half an hour.

Feeling rather stressed out I hoped after break would be a little calmer for me! But no,after doing my playground duty and taking my class in to our classroom the Ed Psych then entered my room and watched me work with one of my SEN children for 30 minutes. As if 3 observations was not enough 20 minutes later the SENco entered my class (as she had all other classes) to view my SEN provision for about 10 - 15 minutes.

I have gone home this evening feeling exhausted. This can't be ok surely?

Any comments would be much appreciated! How much can NQTs be observed? Does it not count as an observation if it is 'informal'?

Thanks.