1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observations only on 2 days a week!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nearly qualified, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Hi
    Just wanted a moan - been told that I am only allowed to plan for observations twice a week (specifically Thursday and Fridays!) and that my previous way of working whereby either myself or my TA would be doing an activity and the other would be supporting CP and doing observations is no longer allowed. Its just crazy to me. Obviously we would still record things on mon-wed if we happened to see anything but with us both being tied up in activitieson these days I do not see how we will get good quality observations that will allow us to plan next steps in learning.
    Am I being unreasonable? x

2. Me too.Basically its because the DHT thinks that both adults should be doing activities with the children, rather than one working with and the other supporting CP and observing. Thurs and Friday was just her compromise I think but I find it ridiculous!

3. Yes it is weird.But I would rather play with the children and note down anything significant,if I think I am not going to remember it.
    I hardly write anything these days while the children are there, after an incident when I caught two children role playing observations complete with clipboard and camera. Now that was scary especially when asked they said they were playing teachers!

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

The sooner this Clipboard Culture comes to en end, the better.