1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

observation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by monac, Aug 16, 2011.

1. need help on how to observe children. Has anyone done this before or be willing to help me with how to do this, i don't mind paying for your time.
    thank you

2. need help on how to observe children. Has anyone done this before or be willing to help me with how to do this, i don't mind paying for your time.
    thank you

3. I'm sure you don't need to pay anyone to help you observe children. Watch a child. Write down exactly what you see and hear. Think about the significance of what you've noticed. If you are working in an early years setting look at the development matters to put your observation into context. The more you observe the easier it will get to pick out the significant bits.
    Why do you feel you need to pay someone to help?

4. hi thank you for reading my ads but i need 1 2 1 help i am new register childminder and i am french speaker. the way i learn is not helping either i need to see and example of work and be explained . i don't mind using Skype or mms and can pay front, i will have visit from ofsted soon and needed to be done pls help if you can i am very despret
    thank you

5. Browse the videos on here - anything beginning with 'EYFS'.
    Ask your LA if there are any introduction to childminding courses you can go on.
    Look at this site: http://www.ncma.org.uk/childminders/become_a_childminder.aspx

6. Sorry didn't include link!!
    http://www.qcda.gov.uk/videos.aspx

7. may be worth becoming a member of NCMA.(National Childminders Association)
    Also, lots of childminders on this forum with very helpful advice www.eyfs.info

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Does your LA offer support and training for childminders?

9. thank you

10. not much shes always busy

11. I think most LAs have area childminder coordinators (don't know if they're called that), who will advise and support. There are also networks of childminders who support each other. You need to contact your council and ask for information. Where do you live? There might be someone on here who knows how it works in your area.

12. Msz

Msz Established commenter

13. thank you u all xx

14. thank you u all xx